Thursday 26 November 2015

Evaluation


Final Evaluation!


Throughout the first months of Wig work and Postiche we were taught how to create a hairstyle from each iconic period from the 1900's. We were also taught how to apply and style the wig ready for our assessment. I developed my final idea's through my research. We learnt how to crate these looks by using curling wands and using the brickwork method of heated rollers and understanding which colour roller for each curl. The larger the curl the larger the roller you want such as blue and red. The Smaller the curl the smaller the roller you are going to want to use such as white to achieve a tighter curl. Researching helps me understand the genre and what the hairstyles of each area include and the correct way to achieve the look you want and how you can style it. My research came from the internet books and many covers of women magazines such as vogue. The aspects of studies that i wished i had explored further are creating my own unique style and experimenting with each genre and the hairstyles of the time. I have faced many difficulties throughout this term but feel i have overcome them successfully. At the beginning i found applying the heated rollers very difficult however through time and practise i found them quite simple and easy to apply. Another difficulty i faced was in my first assessment when the hair just flopped from setting the wig. However overcame this by thinking fast and creating a new hairstyle. I also was able to set my wig for my second assessment which came out much better. My final assessments i chose the 1940’s era as i had seen many photographs of my grandma’s hair from this period in old photo albums. Overall i am happy with the way my assessments and final images have came out despite and feel they are recognised into the 1940’s period. However i next time i would make sure get a lot more practice in time for my assessment to make sure everything goes smoothly and i am confident in what i need to do to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment