Thursday 19 November 2015

Applying my 1940's wig to myself

Applying my 1940's wig to myself - 

In this lesson we were taught how to apply a wig onto a model. Which is a useful skill is you were a makeup artist in theatre or film as you need to make quick hair changes and wigs will be the easier option as you can prepare the wig before the show. In my previous blog post i went through how to create this style and now you're going to see my wig placed on myself. 

How to apply a lace wig - 

1)To apply a wig you're going to want to either create pin curls secured in to place using bobby pins across the whole of the head to create a flat surface or by creating two braids at each side of the head and bring the tail up across the head. 

2) You are then going to place a wig cap over either the braids or pin curls

3) Using your sectioning bush, brush any excess hair falling over the face, side of the head and nape of the neck and tuck the hairs into the cap.

4) Grab your wig and get your model to hold the front section of the wig by the place half way down the forehead

5) Place the wig over the cap making sure the wig is even onto the head

6) Pin the wig onto place to keep the wig secure on the head to last several hours

7) Lastly, glue the lace at the front of the wig using matte mastix glue. Push back the lace and use tiny drips of glue at the sides. Wait for the glue to become sticky and pull the lace into position using a damp cloth to spread the glue over the lace.

How to remove a lace wig - 

1) Grab a brush and apply matrix remover to the lace working from the edges of the lace inwards until the lace begins to remove and lift itself from the skin very gently. 

2) Once the lace is fully removed check there isn't any excess left on the skin. if so using a cotton bud  and matrix remover gently brush of any excess

3) Remove any hair grips attaching the wig to the head

4) Lift the wig off starting from the nape of the neck and gently lifting from the sides pulling and lifting the wig up off of the head

5) Lastly remove the net any any hair grips left from the models hair.

Below i have linked a youtube video to show you which i found useful


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUjfT47bVTw



Prepping for a wig - My images and practice done on my friend in class

 Pin Curling -

Braids - 


Applying the cap - 



The final outcome - 






Below is my final outcome of the wig on myself. I am pleased with they way my outcome has came put as i feel it looks natural for wig. I need to work on my glueing and actually putting on the wig fully to make sure the wig is secure. I loved seeing what the blonde colour looked on me as i have never seen my hair any other colour as i have never dyed it or used wigs before. Therefore, would love to experiment with a variety of different colours, textures, lengths, styles and shapes.



No comments:

Post a Comment